Ray Castellino DC, RPE, RCST® will be co-facilitating a Foundation Training in Ojai, CA, with Mary Jackson RN, LM, RCST® as co-facilitator for 3 modules (2, 3, 6) and Tara Blasco, PhD, RCST® as co-facilitator for 5 modules (1, 4, 5, 7, 8). In addition, there will be a team of 6 or 7 assistants to support the training process.
CONFIRMED DATES for the 8 modules of the UPCOMING Foundation Training T13:
- May 9-14, 2016
- November 14-19, 2016
- February 6-11, 2017
- April 24-29, 2017
- November 13-18, 2017
- February 12-17, 2018
- May 7-12, 2018
- October 8-13, 2018
We are interested in hearing from anyone who may intend to apply to T13 starting May, 2016. Please contact Sandra at Sandra@CastellinoTraining.com.
Ray Castellino DC, RPP, RPE, RCST® is currently facilitating a Foundation Training in Flat Rock, NC, featuring Mary Jackson RN, LM, RCST® as co-facilitator for 3 modules (2, 3, 6). along with a team of 6 assistants to support the training process. The Training is in process. See below for remaining dates.
REMAINING DATES & TUITION DUE DATES for the North Carolina Foundation Training:
- November 7-12, 2015 (payment of tuition/accommodations due September 26 or postmarked by September 22, 2015)
- January 30-February 4, 2016 (payment of tuition/accommodations due December 19 or postmarked by December 15, 2015)
Prior to applying to the Foundation Training, applicants are required to take at least one Process Workshop with Ray or a certified womb surround facilitator. Someone may apply who has signed up to attend a womb surround that happens after the application deadline of October 17th. That is, if you are attending a womb surround in November or January, you apply in October with everyone else so that you may be considered. Final acceptance would be determined after you attended a womb surround. Priority for Ray's womb surrounds in November and January will be given to those who are applying to the Foundation Training and have not yet attended a womb surround with him. Applicants who are not biodynamically trained craniosacral therapists are also required to sign up for a 5-day introduction to biodynamic craniosacral work or notify us of one they will be attending. This may be taken after applying. Anna Chitty will be offering one in Ojai or Santa Barbara, CA in mid-February, 2016 (February 16-20 or 17-21).
You are encouraged to submit your application by October 17th to be considered with the first round of applications. Applicants who have submitted by Oct 17th will be notified by the end of October. We will accept applications until the training is full, then take a wait list.
Who Benefits from the Training?
Trainees in the Castellino Prenatal and Birth Training come from a wide range of professional backgrounds and skills. They have included bodyworkers, polarity therapists, cranial workers, chiropractors, osteopaths, acupuncturists, nurses, medical doctors, midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, infant massage therapists, regular and special education teachers, counselors, and psychologists. Many of these practitioners were already doing some form of prenatal and birth work. Others were very new to this form of work. They all share a profound interest in working with babies, children, families, and/or adults for the purpose of resolving prenatal and birth trauma.
Designed to teach or enhance your skills in:
- Holding therapeutic presence;
- Tracking somatic, energetic and fluid tide rhythms to assess and facilitate the resolution of prenatal and birth stress and trauma;
- Identification of your own prenatal and birth countertransference issues so you can develop the skill of effectively translating the energy of your activations into effective and compassionate therapy;
- Relating the client's present experience, behavior and emotional states to prenatal and birth imprinting in function and structure;
- Recognizing prenatal and birth imprinting in body language, body structure, movement, personality and character structure in babies, children and adults;
- Developing the client's internal resources so they may effectively explore and resolve early traumatic imprinting;
- Recognizing the way prenatal and birth imprinting affects family dynamics, and knowing how to work with infants and children within their family systems;
- Holding clear and effective therapeutic boundaries in the context of prenatal and birth therapy;
- Using therapeutic verbal, energetic and touch skills in the context of prenatal and birth therapy;
- Making contact with others from your own experience, and identifying and working with your own prenatal and birth patterns;
- Facilitating babies, children and their parents in BEBA style family sessions;
- Facilitating adults in small group Womb Surround Process Workshops;
Click here to view a Skills Assessment trainees fill in near the beginning and the end of the training for the purpose of reflecting on their own development.
Trainees begin with a myriad of different skills. Exercises, homework and small and large group discussions are designed to enhance those skills. Some of the craniosacral skills are listed for the benefit of those who have already taken a full c/s training.
Each training module covers a specific area of learning. The curriculum is designed to give you an overview of the work and to build specific therapeutic skills in a progressive and layered manner using didactic instruction, facilitation skills and personal experiential exploration. Skills for facilitation of adults in small groups and families in infant/child- centered settings are emphasized throughout the training.
Module I - The Preconception and Conception Journey
Including the Polarity Paradigm, shock imprinting and developing the internal reference structure for prenatal and birth therapy are this module's primary subject areas. Dr. Castellino will introduce you to an integration of energetic, somatic, physiologic and psychotherapeutic principles which form a foundation for the prenatal and birth therapist. The skills introduced in this module include therapeutic centering, orienting, tracking autonomic cycling and related fluid tide dynamics, modulating therapeutic pace or tempo, identifying resource behaviors, recognizing the therapeutic leading edge, and differentiating between trauma and shock imprinting.
Module II - Bonding and Attachment
Covers the bonding process from early prenatal through post-birth time. The issues of connection and separation are primary themes as are issues of receiving nutrition and emotional nurturing. This module covers:
- How early imprinting affects future relationship formation, and individual motivation patterns.
- Prenatal implantation dynamics, the development of the placenta and the umbilical cord.
- Energetic umbilical dynamics, and related movement imprinting.
- Birth dynamics, the cutting of the umbilical cord, newborn self-attachment behaviors and the nature of the baby's first contact with her mother and father after birth.
- The baby's ability to attach to his/her mother emotionally, at the breast and the establishment of healthy nursing patterns.
- Specific therapeutic protocols for resourcing, resolving and repatterning bonding and attachment trauma and a means for establishing nursing with babies who are unable to nurse or having difficulty with nursing.
Module III - Birth Imprinting
Covers the vaginal birth process, birth stages, pelvic types, cranial molding, birth movement patterns and an introduction to infant craniopathy. It introduces tracking fluid tide dynamics and tracking stage specific birth movement patterns. By the end of the workshop, each of you will describe your personal birth passage to a small peer group. Your birth passage session will be videotaped and you will receive a copy for your personal studies.
Module IV - Chemical Imprinting
Covers imprinting from anesthesia, nicotine, fetal alcohol and drug syndromes. We will look at the effects of chemical imprinting on prenates and babies' psyches, their movement patterns, their energy patterns and the development of the central nervous system. Specific protocols for resolving and repatterning of chemical imprinting are covered. A new theory is presented explaining the way chemical imprinting affects the function of the cerebral spinal fluid system. Your understanding of the cranial / sacral fluid tide system and the embryonic development of the brain will be enhanced so that you can use your visualization, energetic sensing, fluid tide palpation, and bodywork skills to support the resolution of traumatic chemical imprinting.
Module V - Surgical Imprinting
Covers forceps, vacuum extraction, cesarean section, circumcision and prenatal and infant surgery. You will learn how to identify signature cranial molding patterns, movement patterns and psychological impacts of each birthing style. You will learn the cranial impacts of forceps and vacuum extraction as well as specific treatment protocols for each type of surgical intervention. We will explore the effect of these procedures on physical structure and on the expression of the body's energy and fluid tide systems.
Module VI and VII - Life Death Loss and Double Binds
Double bind or paradoxical imprints provide the most complicated dynamics in the PPN field. Double binds amplify practitioner counter-transference issues and complications for facilitating groups and families. This subject matter is saved for the sixth and seventh Foundation Training modules because the dynamics of these trauma impacts provide the practitioner with the greatest counter-transference challenges in the prenatal and birth therapy field. The curricula of the first five modules is designed to build the trainees' understanding, perception, presence and therapeutic skills so that they are more prepared to explore the effects of double binds in effective and compassionate ways.
Having two modules devoted to developing skills for facilitating double binds give plenty of space to explore the depth of these early complicated imprints. Special attention is given to how double bind imprints affects families and group dynamics.
Focuses on ancestral influences and twin dynamics and twin loss. Ancestral influences on individuation are explored to differentiate twin and ancestral imprinting. Twin embryonic and placental development are correlated with twin behavior later in life. Lost twin syndrome affects on singleton behavior is covered. You will learn to identify twin psychological imprinting, the counter-transference / transference issues involved and twin dynamic therapeutic protocols. Breech birth presentation is covered in this module because a high percentage of breech presentations have occur during twin births.
Focuses on adoption, previous abortion and miscarriage, abortion attempts, traumatic impacts of death in the family during pregnancy, stillbirth and infant sibling loss, A.R.T. (Assisted Reproductive Technology) and NICU experience. The skills for facilitating double bind dynamics are further developed and refined in this module.
Module VIII - Family and Group Dynamics
This module is designed to transition the practitioner from foundation skill building into a model for family and small group practice. Module VIII covers:
- The structural components for a process session both with adults in a Process Workshop setting and with families in infant/child-centered family settings.
- Organization of BEBA: A Center for Family Healing.
- Questions about clinical practice.
- Demonstration session by Dr. Castellino including a complete debriefing which focuses on recognizing the principles utilized.
- Each trainee will give and receive a supervised process session in a small group setting.
Prerequisite to Applying:
- Take at least one Womb Surround Process Workshop with Ray or a certified womb surround (process) workshop facilitator. It is recommended that this be within the last 3 years. Alternatively you are signed up to attend a womb surround between October, 2015 & January, 2016
- Those who took the 3-day Embodiment workshop with Ray, Tara and Mary in May, 2015 may apply without attending a womb surround. The requirement to graduate continues to be attending 4 womb surrounds. The Embodiment workshop does NOT count as a womb surround for graduation. So you are encouraged to also sign up for a womb surround, though you may apply before attending it.
Have some understanding of the biodynamic approach to craniosacral therapy. You can meet this requirement one of 3 ways:
- Be a certified biodynamic craniosacral therapist
- Graduate from the Body into Being: Advanced Energetic Bodywork Training with Ray Castellino and Anna Chitty
- Attend a 5-day introduction to biodynamic craniosacral therapy that takes place before the training starts.
- Anna Chitty will be offering a 5-day intro to c/s work in Ojai or Santa Barbara in mid-February, 2016 that Sandra Castellino will be organizing. Dates are being decided between Feb 16-20 or February 17-21. Please let Sandra know immediately if you wish to attend.
- Other teachers are listed on our website, under referrals. Please contact them directly for information about dates as those on our website are not up to date.
- If you have craniosacral training that is NOT biodynamic, contact Sandra to enquire if your training qualifies. Upledger training does not.
- We will not accept applications from anyone who uses nicotine or recreational/ceremonial drugs in any amount for any reason or who is addicted to alcohol or any medical drug. Use of medical marijuana must be disclosed in the application and will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants must have a commitment to themselves and the people they work with that they will be nicotine and recreational/ceremonial drug free from the time of application through completion of the Foundation Training and must have the intention to abstain for the rest of their lives. This includes drugs used for spiritual ceremonies.
- A commitment to abstain from alcohol the day before and during all workshops and training modules including breaks & evenings is required.
Application Process for T13 (thank you for your patience!)This is a digital application – Return the following to Sandra Castellino at email@example.com. Do NOT send anything to to trainers directly. Sandra will collate what you send with your digital womb surround application if you previously sent one and send it on to the trainers to review.
- A digital picture (headshot) of you (alone) emailed with your written application (one that you would be ok to have posted on a password protected part of our website for training participants should you become part of the training). Do NOT imbed this in your application. To be usable, it needs to be a separate attachment from the written application. Send the picture even if you have previously sent a picture to Sandra.
- The written application to the Foundation Training which is in Word and PDF form below
- Payment of the application fee.
- Digital application for a womb surround if you have not previously sent one to Sandra Castellino. Most of you who have attended a womb surround in the last few years have already sent this. If you snail mailed or faxed your application or have not taken a womb surround with Ray, you will need to send a digital application for Womb Surround (available at www.castellinotraining.com/process). Click the application button at the top of the page and fill in the long form, preferably in Word, with answers in bold. Return in Word, if possible.
- Interview. Most applicants who have attend a womb surround with Ray in the last few years will not need interviews. For those who have not attended a womb surround with Ray and for others whom Ray wants to interview, interviews will be held by Skype if possible or by phone. The dates scheduled to talk to them together are Oct 21st & 23rd, 2015. Interviews after that may be with only one of them.
- Read the Student Contract below BEFORE applying.
- payment of deposit (on time in 2 separate payements) and
- returning the last page of the signed student contract snail mailed within 10 days of acceptance or scanned & emailed within 2 weeks of acceptance.
Payment of Application Fee
- Application cost is $105 by cc/paypal /$100 by check or cash. Application cost is in addition to / separate from the cost of the training. It is the cost for applying.
- By check: ($100) Send a $100 check made out to Castellino Training, Corp. , & mailed to Castellino Training, Corp., 1105 N Ontare Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93105.
- By paypal, ($105) our ID is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Send as a purchase, Castellino Training pays the fees.
- By credit card ($105). Sandra is reachable by phone for credit card info & the phone is safe for leaving financial information on the answering service. Sandra is the only person who checks messages. You can also send credit card info by email in 2 parts such as xxxx-2222-xxxx-1111, exp 12/xx, code 12x. Include the name on the card and the billing address for the cc.
Interview by SkypeContact Sandra if you have not yet attended a womb surround with Ray or the Embodiment Workshop to schedule an appointment. 805 687-2897 or email@example.com.
Application Forms for T13
Applications are available for download in PDF and MS Word formats. Applicants are required to be able to download WORD, rtf or PDF files for the application and throughout the training. We do not mail hard copies. You may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print these documents.
Student Contract for T13. Please READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING
Please download the T13 Student Contract for all information about timing, location, commitment required, payment due dates, late fees, course material, confidentiality, videotaping, making up missed work, etc. For those who have received notification of acceptance into the training, please download the student contract in rtf or PDF. You can print the last page of the rtf or pdf, sign it and snail mail it or scan and email it. This must be received by the due date or be mailed 4 days before it is due along with the deposit check/paypal/credit card to complete registration.
Commitment to all days of all modules including arriving on time and staying to the end of the day:
The training is designed so that each module has a distinct beginning, middle and ending. Each part of the training is designed to develop important practitioner skills with relationship to tracking early imprint sequences. The beginning of each module sets the tone. The ending period is designed as an integration time. Ray therefore asks that participants commit to being present for all classes. This means arranging transportation to arrive by Friday evening or by 8:30 am Saturday morning and leaving after 3:00 pm on Thursday. We ask those flying that you commit to taking a flight the next day if leaving after 3:00 p.m. will not allow enough time to catch a flight on Thursday.
In the event that a participant misses any part of a module for emergencies such as emergency health issues, the make-up process includes viewing DVDs of the lecture/discussion portions of the training (for which there is a charge of $25+tax, shipping for each 1.5 hr or less) and exercises to complete with trainees or assistants prior to returning to the next module. Payment for the module is still due on the dates listed. Missing more than one day of a module may result in also needing to retake the module in a future training in order to graduate.
Components and graduation requirements:
Training Modules for T13 - these dates are FIRM: We ask for a clear commitment to attending all six days of all eight modules. Dates in parentheses are arrival dates for those traveling from a distance, training dates are Monday through Saturday. Those coming from outside the Americas are suggested to arrive a day earlier to allow for jetlag.
- 2016: (arrive Sunday night, May 8) training Monday-Saturday, May 9-14
- 2016: (arrive Sunday night, Nov 13) training Monday-Saturday, November 14-19
- 2017: (arrive Sunday night, Feb 5) training Monday-Saturday, February 6-11
- 2017: (arrive Friday night, April 23) training Monday-Saturday, April 24-29
- 2017: (arrive Friday night, Nov 12) training Monday-Saturday, November 13-18
- 2018: (arrive Friday night, Feb 11) training Monday-Saturday, February 12-17
- 2018: (arrive Friday night, May 6) training Monday-Saturday, May 7-12
- 2018: (arrive Friday night, Oct 7) training Monday-Saturday, October 8-13
Womb Surround Process Workshops:
All trainees must attend a total of four Womb Surround Process Workshops (PW) with Ray or a certified Womb Surround Process Workshop Facilitator:
- At least 1 is required before application to the Foundation Training, preferably during the past 3 years; more are recommended.
- 1 of the 4 Womb Surround Process Workshops must be with Ray. 3 may be if that is your choice. Priority in Ray's Womb Surrounds will be given to trainees until they have taken 3 with him.
- 1 of the 4 Womb Surround Process Workshops must be with Mary Jackson or Tara Blasco. 3 may be if that is your choice
- Up to 3 Womb Surround Process Workshops taken before the Foundation Training count.
- At least one Womb Surround Process Workshop must be taken after attending Module One of the Foundation Training.
- Up to 2 Womb Surround Process workshops may be taken with a Certified Womb Surround Process Workshop Facilitator other than Mary or Tara.
- Creative Home Projects between the training modules.
- Communicating with other trainees between modules for peer support.
Time of day for all 8 modulesMonday: Arrive 8:45-9:00 am if you have any transactions with Sandra; normal registration 9:00 am to 9:15 am, class starts promptly at 9:30 am & goes to 5:45-6:00 pm with a 2-hour lunch break
The eight 6-day modules of the training will be held at Ojai Valley Women's Club Ojai, CA.
COSTS FOR T13
Cost for all 8 modules of the Foundation Training
Payment plans: The first figure is the non-refundable deposit, due 2 weeks after notification of acceptance by email. There is a price break for paying by check, cash, money order or travelers' checks rather than by credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover only, not American Express. Payments are considered on time if they originate by 4 days before the due date OR are received by the due date. Originate means give credit card, initiate wires, paypal, mail checks, Traveler's checks, Money orders
- Payment Schedule: Non-refundable Deposit of $525 (credit card, paypal) / $500 (check, cash, travelers checks) due 2 weeks after email acceptance sent or November 13, 2015, whichever is later + $1275 / $1225 module due 1 month before each module. Late fees apply.
|mailing/wiring/give cc by/send paypal by||Date Due||Price Credit Card/Paypal||Price cash/check/TC/MO|
|2 weeks from email acceptance
notification or Nov 9
|2 weeks from email acceptance
notification or Nov 13
Late fees of $5/day up to 5% apply to all late payments. Payments are considered late if they are not received by the due date or postmarked (or sent by paypal or wire) by 4 days before (US) or 1 week before (outside US).
Womb Surround Process Workshops
The cost for these is not included in the tuition for the 8 modules of the Foundation Training. Priority in Womb Surround (Process) Workshops with Ray Castellino scheduled just before Modules 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 will be given first to those flying from areas where Ray does not offer Womb Surround (Process) Workshops , then to other trainees until the trainee has attended 3 Womb Surrounds with Ray.
The only other required expense is for a doll and cloth pelvis used for visualizing the birth process. These will be available to buy at the beginning of module 3 for about $200. Credit cards/paypal will be accepted for 5% additional.
Books, booklets, papers and videos by Dr. Castellino and others are available for sale during the modules. A recommended reading list will be available on the website.
Important dates for applying to T13
Ray, Tara and Mary will meet October 21, 2015 to review all applications received by October 17, 2015. You will be notified by October 30, 2015.
- October 17, 2015. All applications received by 10/17 will forwarded to Ray/Tara/Mary by 10/19 to be considered as a team when Ray, Tara and Mary meet October 21st
- October 21 and 23, 2015. Ray/Mary/Tara will do skype interviews for those who have not yet taken a womb surround and others Ray wants to talk with. Sandra will schedule interviews in advance when possible
- October 30, 2015. Those whose applications were received by 10/17 will be notified of their status.
- November 13, 2015, Due date for receipt BOTH of the the $525/$500 non-refundable deposit and a signed contract for those accepted by October 30, 2015 to secure a place in the training
- February 9, 2016. Due date for receipt of $1550/$1495. A place in the training continuing to be reserved for you is contingent on receiving this payment by 2/9/16. Non-payment of the balance will forfeit your place in the training and the original $525/$500 deposit.
- Those who are taking their first womb surround process workshop in November, 2015 or January, 2016 , can apply and have an interview in October and a space may be held for you until you take the womb surround and it is determined if you are invited to attend the Foundation Training. The $525/$500 deposit will be due/a space will be held for you until 2 weeks after the process workshop ends.
- Applications will be accepted until the training is full.
- If anyone is accepted less than 2 weeks before the training, the signed contract, the deposit and the first payment are due before the training starts.
"Ray's training has brought a deep level of compassion and sensitivity into my life and my work. Ray's ability to teach from a learner's perspective makes the work easy to absorb. A kinesthetic 'knowing' seems to grow spontaneously. His work with babies and families is truly awesome. In accessing the brilliant clear consciousness of the prenate, the birth work gives a powerful resource for resolving early trauma."
-Anna Chitty, R.P.P., RCST®
"My experience of training with Ray Castellino has been both personally transforming and professionally rewarding. Through his remarkable skills as a therapist I have been able to reconnect with my earliest emotional imprints in a way that has been deeply healing and now guides my work with clients. Ray's teaching skill is to blend complex cross-disciplinary information with personal process and integration in a way that is exciting, comprehensive, systematic, hands-on, effective and downright fun. He models for me how to be self-honest, knowledgeable and deeply contactful yet respectful of boundaries. Being with Ray as he works with babies and their families has shown me what remarkable potential there is for understanding what babies have to tell me and how I can support their process of liberating the energies bound up in prenatal and birth trauma."
-Claire Leverant, Childbirth Educator
"The Castellino Prenatal and Birth training is a rare opportunity to be in the vanguard of the exploration of a mysterious and largely uncelebrated frontier of human understanding. There is an exciting sense that one is participating in the birth of a new body of knowledge and practice, one with far reaching consequences for the way we live. For me it has been important that the excitement is not only intellectual: the knowledge and practice are integrated, and the trainee must draw on her or his whole life experience for understanding a survey which offers fresh vistas and unexpected connections. This means the training itself is transformational, yet brimming with multidisciplinary information brought together in a newly coherent form. Ray is both a visionary and an extraordinary teacher who is passionately committed to a single process that encompasses research, healing, and the training of professionals. His attunement and the format he has created ensure that the emphasis is on the process of assimilation rather than content; in practice, I've found that means the knowledge is not something I must remember, but rather a part of my experience that becomes available as needed."
-Jim Thomas, M.A.
"Ray Castellino is at the forefront of a healing movement that is taking us into the next century. In his work with infants and children, Ray extends a sensitivity and grace in healing early trauma that is revolutionary, compassionate and effective. It is a privilege and a gift to study with this man."
-Peter Levine, Ph.D., Author of Waking the Tiger, Developer of Somatic Experiencing
"I have been associated with Dr. Castellino for many years. His warmth and integrity have always touched me deeply. He has become one of the world's leading lights in the field of Prenatal and Birth Psychology. His work in his area of special interest, the healing of prenatal and birth trauma in infants, is elegant and insightful. His training in this is easily the most in-depth and sensitive available. His teaching is done with humor, clarity and the highest standards. I highly recommend his training to anyone interested in healing the foundations of our defended and damaged selves at the very beginning of our journey in this world."
-Franklyn Sills, Craniosacral teacher, author of The Polarity Process, Director of the Karuna Institute