Ray Castellino DC, RPE, RCST®, Tara Blasco, PhD, RCST®, and Mary Jackson, RN, LM, RCST®, will be co-facilitating a Foundation Training in Ojai, CA starting late October, 2019. The course will meet approximately every 4 months with 9 modules (1 more module than the previous trainings). Ray is introducing a new module as Module 1 with Ray and Anna Chitty, RPP, BCST, SEP, ABD co-teaching. The 2nd-9th module will follow the curriculum previously taught as M1-8 and will be co-taught by Ray, Mary and Tara.
Tentative Dates are Saturday-Thursday (last day ending by 1 pm):
- 2019: October 26-31
- 2020: February 8-13, June 6-11, October 10-15
- 2021: February 6-11, June 5-10, November 6-11
- 2022: February 12-17, June 4-9
Location for the Foundation Training:
- Ojai, CA
We are interested in hearing from anyone who may intend to apply to T15 likely starting late October 2019. Please contact Sandra at email@example.com.
Prior to applying to the Foundation Training, applicants are required to take at least one Process Workshop with Ray or a certified womb surround facilitator. It is recommended that potential trainees actually attend a womb surround co-facilitated by Ray so you can experience each other. The upcoming womb surrounds are listed on our website under 'Womb Surrounds'.
This Castellino Foundation Training, like others, will be videotaped. The videotapes will be used for anyone who misses time to be able to catch up. The videos will also be used/viewed by graduates of this and previous trainings who are studying to be trainers of the Castellino approach to Pre and perniatal work.
Who Benefits from the Training?
Trainees in the Castellino Prenatal and Birth Training come from a wide range of professional backgrounds and skills. They have included bodyworkers, polarity therapists, cranial workers, chiropractors, osteopaths, acupuncturists, nurses, medical doctors, midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, infant massage therapists, regular and special education teachers, counselors, and psychologists. Many of these practitioners were already doing some form of prenatal and birth work. Others were very new to this form of work. They all share a profound interest in working with babies, children, families, and/or adults for the purpose of resolving prenatal and birth trauma.
Designed to teach or enhance your skills in:
- Holding therapeutic presence;
- Tracking somatic, energetic and fluid tide rhythms to assess and facilitate the resolution of prenatal and birth stress and trauma;
- Identification of your own prenatal and birth countertransference issues so you can develop the skill of effectively translating the energy of your activations into effective and compassionate therapy;
- Relating the client's present experience, behavior and emotional states to prenatal and birth imprinting in function and structure;
- Recognizing prenatal and birth imprinting in body language, body structure, movement, personality and character structure in babies, children and adults;
- Developing the client's internal resources so they may effectively explore and resolve early traumatic imprinting;
- Recognizing the way prenatal and birth imprinting affects family dynamics, and knowing how to work with infants and children within their family systems;
- Holding clear and effective therapeutic boundaries in the context of prenatal and birth therapy;
- Using therapeutic verbal, energetic and touch skills in the context of prenatal and birth therapy;
- Making contact with others from your own experience, and identifying and working with your own prenatal and birth patterns;
- Facilitating babies, children and their parents in BEBA style family sessions;
- Facilitating adults in small group Womb Surround Process Workshops;
Click here to view a Skills Assessment trainees fill in near the beginning and the end of the training for the purpose of reflecting on their own development.
Trainees begin with a myriad of different skills. Exercises, homework and small and large group discussions are designed to enhance those skills. Some of the craniosacral skills are listed for the benefit of those who have already taken a full c/s training.
Each training module covers a specific area of learning. The curriculum is designed to give you an overview of the work and to build specific therapeutic skills in a progressive and layered manner using didactic instruction, facilitation skills and personal experiential exploration. Skills for facilitation of adults in small groups and families in infant/child- centered settings are emphasized throughout the training.
Module I - Preparation: Presence, Connection through Touch as well as words, presence, Blueprint
This is a new module, co-taught by Ray and Anna Chitty, RPP, BCST, SEP, ABD, is adding in place of the requirement for a minimum of a 5-day introduction to biodynamic fluid tides bodywork. He will be writing more about this - which will be posted once it is available.
Module II - The Preconception and Conception Journey
Including the Polarity Paradigm, shock imprinting and developing the internal reference structure for prenatal and birth therapy are this module's primary subject areas. Dr. Castellino will introduce you to an integration of energetic, somatic, physiologic and psychotherapeutic principles which form a foundation for the prenatal and birth therapist. The skills introduced in this module include therapeutic centering, orienting, tracking autonomic cycling and related fluid tide dynamics, modulating therapeutic pace or tempo, identifying resource behaviors, recognizing the therapeutic leading edge, and differentiating between trauma and shock imprinting.
Module III - Bonding and Attachment
Covers the bonding process from early prenatal through post-birth time. The issues of connection and separation are primary themes as are issues of receiving nutrition and emotional nurturing. This module covers:
- How early imprinting affects future relationship formation, and individual motivation patterns.
- Prenatal implantation dynamics, the development of the placenta and the umbilical cord.
- Energetic umbilical dynamics, and related movement imprinting.
- Birth dynamics, the cutting of the umbilical cord, newborn self-attachment behaviors and the nature of the baby's first contact with her mother and father after birth.
- The baby's ability to attach to his/her mother emotionally, at the breast and the establishment of healthy nursing patterns.
- Specific therapeutic protocols for resourcing, resolving and repatterning bonding and attachment trauma and a means for establishing nursing with babies who are unable to nurse or having difficulty with nursing.
Module IV - Birth Imprinting
Covers the vaginal birth process, birth stages, pelvic types, cranial molding, birth movement patterns and an introduction to infant craniopathy. It introduces tracking fluid tide dynamics and tracking stage specific birth movement patterns. By the end of the workshop, each of you will describe your personal birth passage to a small peer group. Your birth passage session will be videotaped and you will receive a copy for your personal studies.
Module V - Chemical Imprinting
Covers imprinting from anesthesia, nicotine, fetal alcohol and drug syndromes. We will look at the effects of chemical imprinting on prenates and babies' psyches, their movement patterns, their energy patterns and the development of the central nervous system. Specific protocols for resolving and repatterning of chemical imprinting are covered. A new theory is presented explaining the way chemical imprinting affects the function of the cerebral spinal fluid system. Your understanding of the cranial / sacral fluid tide system and the embryonic development of the brain will be enhanced so that you can use your visualization, energetic sensing, fluid tide palpation, and bodywork skills to support the resolution of traumatic chemical imprinting.
Module VI - Surgical Imprinting
Covers forceps, vacuum extraction, cesarean section, circumcision and prenatal and infant surgery. You will learn how to identify signature cranial molding patterns, movement patterns and psychological impacts of each birthing style. You will learn the cranial impacts of forceps and vacuum extraction as well as specific treatment protocols for each type of surgical intervention. We will explore the effect of these procedures on physical structure and on the expression of the body's energy and fluid tide systems.
Module VII and VIII - Life Death Loss, Double Binds, Family and Group Dynamics
Double bind or paradoxical imprints provide the most complicated dynamics in the PPN field. Double binds amplify practitioner counter-transference issues and complications for facilitating groups and families. This subject matter is saved for the sixth and seventh Foundation Training modules because the dynamics of these trauma impacts provide the practitioner with the greatest counter-transference challenges in the prenatal and birth therapy field. The curricula of the first five modules is designed to build the trainees' understanding, perception, presence and therapeutic skills so that they are more prepared to explore the effects of double binds in effective and compassionate ways.
Having two modules devoted to developing skills for facilitating double binds give plenty of space to explore the depth of these early complicated imprints. Special attention is given to how double bind imprints affects families and group dynamics.
Module VII Focuses on ancestral influences and twin dynamics and twin loss. Ancestral influences on individuation are explored to differentiate twin and ancestral imprinting. Twin embryonic and placental development are correlated with twin behavior later in life. Lost twin syndrome affects on singleton behavior is covered. You will learn to identify twin psychological imprinting, the counter-transference / transference issues involved and twin dynamic therapeutic protocols. Breech birth presentation is covered in this module because a high percentage of breech presentations have occur during twin births.
Module VIII focuses on adoption, previous abortion and miscarriage, abortion attempts, traumatic impacts of death in the family during pregnancy, stillbirth and infant sibling loss, A.R.T. (Assisted Reproductive Technology) and NICU experience. The skills for facilitating double bind dynamics are further developed and refined in this module.
Module IX is designed to transition the practitioner from foundation skill building into a model for family and small group practice. It covers:
- The structural components for a process session both with adults in a Process Workshop setting and with families in infant/child-centered family settings.
- Organization of BEBA: A Center for Family Healing.
- Questions about clinical practice.
- Demonstration session by Dr. Castellino including a complete debriefing which focuses on recognizing the principles utilized.
- Each trainee will give and receive a supervised process session in a small group setting.
- Creating and sharing a one and five year plan for integrating the work into your practice and ife.
*PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN YOUR APPLICATIONS UNTIL WE POST THE STUDENT CONTRACT AND REQUEST APPLICATIONS. THE INFORMATION BELOW IS ONLY BEING MADE AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO PREPARE IN ADVANCE.
Prerequisite to Applying to T15, to start October, 2019:
- Take at least one Womb Surround Process Workshop with Ray or a certified womb surround (process) workshop facilitator. It is recommended that this be within the last 3 years. It is also recommended that it be with Ray so that you can both determine if you and the training are a 'fit'.
The previous requirement of a 5-day introduction to biodynamic craniosacral work will NOT be required for the T15 US training beginning October, 2019.
Instead, the Foundation Training itself will be 9 modules instead of the previous 8. The first module will set the ground for the rest of
the training experience in terms of skills of presence, connection and flow, dynamic tides, etc that Ray wants trainees to be familiar with.
- We will not accept applications from anyone who uses nicotine or recreational/ceremonial drugs in any amount for any reason or who is addicted to alcohol or any medical drug. Use of medical marijuana must be disclosed in the application and will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants must have a commitment to themselves and the people they work with that they will be nicotine and recreational/ceremonial drug free from the time of application through completion of the Foundation Training and must have the intention to abstain for the rest of their lives. This includes drugs used for spiritual ceremonies.
- A commitment to abstain from alcohol the day before and during all workshops and training modules including breaks & evenings is required.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR T15 starting in 2019 (thank you for your patience!)This is a digital application – Return the following to Sandra Castellino at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do NOT send anything to trainers directly. Sandra will collate what you send with your digital womb surround application if you previously sent one and send it on to the trainers to review.
- A digital picture (headshot) of you (alone) emailed with your written application (one that you would be ok to have posted on a password protected part of our website for training participants should you become part of the training). Do NOT imbed this in your application. To be usable, it needs to be a separate attachment from the written application. Send the picture even if you have previously sent a picture to Sandra.
- The typed (not hand-written) application to the Foundation Training which is in Word or PDF form below.
- Payment of the application fee.
- Digital application for a womb surround if you have not previously sent one to Sandra Castellino. Most of you who have attended a womb surround in the last few years have already sent this. If you snail mailed or faxed your application or hand wrote your application, or have not taken a womb surround with Ray, you will need to send a digital application for Womb Surround (available at www.castellinotraining.com/process). Click the application button at the top of the page and fill in the long form, preferably in Word, with answers in bold. Return in Word, if possible.
- Interview. Most applicants who have attend a womb surround with Ray in the last few years will not need an interview with Ray but may interview with Mary and Tara. For those who have not attended a womb surround with Ray and for others whom Ray wants to interview, interviews will be held by Skype or Zoom if possible or by phone. The dates scheduled to talk to them together will be posted here when available. They will start in April.
- Read the Student Contract below BEFORE applying.
- payment of deposit (on time in 2 separate payements) and
- returning the last page of the signed student contract snail mailed within 10 days of acceptance or scanned & emailed within 2 weeks of acceptance.
Payment of Application Fee
- Application cost is $105 by cc/paypal /$100 by check or cash. Application cost is in addition to / separate from the cost of the training. It is the cost for applying.
- By check: ($100) Send a $100 check made out to Castellino Training, Corp. , & mailed to Castellino Training, Corp., 1105 N Ontare Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93105.
- By paypal, ($105) our ID is: email@example.com. Send as 'goods and services' NOT friends and family, Castellino Training pays the fees.
- By credit card ($105). Please ask Sandra to bill you through Square.
Interview by Skype or ZoomOnce Sandra has acknowledged your completed application (photo, FT application, WS application if needed, payment), contact Cindy Barnum to schedule an appointment. 541 991-6217 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Forms for T15
Applications are available for download in RTF and MS Word formats. Applicants are required to be able to download WORD or rtf files for the application and throughout the training. We do not mail hard copies. You may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print handouts.
SOME OF THIS LOGISTICAL INFORMATION IS FOR T13, the CURRENT FOUNDATION TRAINING and is here so you can get an idea of the logistics.
Commitment to all days of all modules including arriving on time and staying to the end of the day:
The training is designed so that each module has a distinct beginning, middle and ending. Each part of the training is designed to develop important practitioner skills with relationship to tracking early imprint sequences. The beginning of each module sets the tone. The ending period is designed as an integration time. Ray therefore asks that participants commit to being present for all classes. This means arranging transportation to arrive by Friday evening or by 8:30 am Saturday morning and leaving after 3:00 pm on Thursday. We ask those flying that you commit to taking a flight the next day if leaving after 3:00 p.m. will not allow enough time to catch a flight on Thursday.
In the event that a participant misses any part of a module for emergencies such as emergency health issues, the make-up process includes viewing DVDs of the lecture/discussion portions of the training (for which there is a charge of $25+tax, shipping for each 1.5 hr or less) and exercises to complete with trainees or assistants prior to returning to the next module. Payment for the module is still due on the dates listed. Missing more than one day of a module may result in also needing to retake the module in a future training in order to graduate.
Components and graduation requirements:
Tentative Dates for Training Modules for T15 : We ask for a clear commitment to attending all six days of all eight modules. Dates in parentheses are arrival dates for those traveling from a distance, training dates are Saturday through Thursday. Those coming from outside the Americas are suggested to arrive a day earlier to allow for jetlag. Please arrive refreshed and alert. That may mean arriving the Thursday befoe to give yourself some downtime.
- 2019: (arrive Friday night, Oct 25) training Saturday-Thursday, Oct 26-31
- 2020: (arrive Friday night, Feb 7) training Saturday-Thursday, February 8-13
- 2020: (arrive Friday night, June 5) training Saturday-Thursday, June 6-11
- 2020: (arrive Friday night, Oct 9) training Saturday-Thursday, October 10-13
- 2021: (arrive Friday night, Feb 5) training Saturday-Thursday, February 6-11
- 2021: (arrive Friday night, June 4) training Saturday-Thursday, June 5-10
- 2021: (arrive Friday night, Nov 5) training Saturday-Thursday, November 6-11
- 2022: (arrive Friday night, Feb 11) training Saturday-Thursday, February 12-17
- 2022: (arrive Friday night, June 3) training Saturday-Thursday, June 4-9
- 2019: (arrive Friday night, Oct 25) training Saturday-Thursday, Oct 26-31
Womb Surround Process Workshops:
All trainees must attend a total of four Womb Surround Process Workshops (PW) with Ray or a certified Womb Surround Process Workshop Facilitator:
- At least 1 is required before application to the Foundation Training, preferably during the past 3 years; more are recommended.
- 1 of the 4 Womb Surround Process Workshops must be with Ray. 3 may be if that is your choice. Priority in Ray's Womb Surrounds will be given to trainees until they have taken 3 with him.
- 1 of the 4 Womb Surround Process Workshops must be with Mary Jackson, Tara Blasco or possibly Anna Chitty. 3 may be if that is your choice
- Up to 3 Womb Surround Process Workshops taken before the Foundation Training count.
- At least one Womb Surround Process Workshop must be taken after attending Module One of the Foundation Training.
- Up to 2 Womb Surround Process workshops may be taken with a Certified Womb Surround Process Workshop Facilitator other than Mary or Tara. Note, anyone requesting to assist a womb surround with Ray, should plan to attend to womb surrounds with Ray. Anyone wanting to assist Tara should plan to attend at least one womb surround with her. Assisting opportunities are first available after completing 3 womb surrounds, 6 modules and being current with homework and payment -- if there is space available
- Creative Home Projects between the training modules.
- Communicating with other trainees between modules for peer support.
Time of day for all 9 modulesFriday: Arrive 8:30-9:00 am if you have any transactions with Sandra; normal registration 8:45 am to 9:15 am, class starts promptly at 9:30 am & goes to 5:45-6:00 pm with a 2-hour lunch break
T15: The nine 6-day modules of the training will be held in Ojai, CA.
Cost for all 9 modules of the Foundation Training
Payment plans: The deposit is in 2 sections: a non-refundable deposit will hold your place, then a larger deposit due in July/August. Then 9 payments are due 1 month before each module. There is a price break for paying by check, cash, money order or travelers' checks rather than by credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover only, not American Express. Payments are considered on time if they originate by 5 days before the due date OR are received by the due date. Originate means give credit card, initiate wires, paypal, mail checks, Traveler's checks, Money orders
- Payment Schedule: Non-refundable Deposit: of $660 (credit card, paypal) / $640 (check, cash, travelers checks) due 2 weeks after email acceptance sent or May 27, whichever is later + 2nd deposit due 7/27 of $1645/$1590, then $1299 / $1255 per module due 1 month before each module. Late fees apply.
|mailing/wiring/give cc by/send paypal by||Date Due||Price Credit Card/Paypal||Price cash/check/TC/MO|
|2 weeks from email acceptance
notification or May 27, whichever is later
|2 weeks from email acceptance
notification or June 1, whichever is later
Late fees of $5/day up to 5% apply to all late payments. Payments are considered late if they are not received by the due date or postmarked (or sent by paypal or wire) by 5 days before (US) or 1 week before (outside US).
Womb Surround Process Workshops
The cost for these is not included in the tuition for the 9 modules of the Foundation Training. Priority in Womb Surround (Process) Workshops with Ray Castellino scheduled just before Modules 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8 and 9 will be given first to those flying from areas where Ray does not offer Womb Surround (Process) Workshops, then to other trainees until the trainee has attended 3 Womb Surrounds with Ray.
The only other required expense is for a doll and cloth pelvis used for visualizing the birth process. These will be available to buy at the beginning of module 3 for about $200. Paypal and Credit cards/paypal will be accepted for 4% additional.
Books, booklets, papers and videos by Dr. Castellino and others are available for sale during the modules. A recommended reading list will be available on the website.
"Ray's training has brought a deep level of compassion and sensitivity into my life and my work. Ray's ability to teach from a learner's perspective makes the work easy to absorb. A kinesthetic 'knowing' seems to grow spontaneously. His work with babies and families is truly awesome. In accessing the brilliant clear consciousness of the prenate, the birth work gives a powerful resource for resolving early trauma."
-Anna Chitty, R.P.P., RCST®
"My experience of training with Ray Castellino has been both personally transforming and professionally rewarding. Through his remarkable skills as a therapist I have been able to reconnect with my earliest emotional imprints in a way that has been deeply healing and now guides my work with clients. Ray's teaching skill is to blend complex cross-disciplinary information with personal process and integration in a way that is exciting, comprehensive, systematic, hands-on, effective and downright fun. He models for me how to be self-honest, knowledgeable and deeply contactful yet respectful of boundaries. Being with Ray as he works with babies and their families has shown me what remarkable potential there is for understanding what babies have to tell me and how I can support their process of liberating the energies bound up in prenatal and birth trauma."
-Claire Leverant, Childbirth Educator
"The Castellino Prenatal and Birth training is a rare opportunity to be in the vanguard of the exploration of a mysterious and largely uncelebrated frontier of human understanding. There is an exciting sense that one is participating in the birth of a new body of knowledge and practice, one with far reaching consequences for the way we live. For me it has been important that the excitement is not only intellectual: the knowledge and practice are integrated, and the trainee must draw on her or his whole life experience for understanding a survey which offers fresh vistas and unexpected connections. This means the training itself is transformational, yet brimming with multidisciplinary information brought together in a newly coherent form. Ray is both a visionary and an extraordinary teacher who is passionately committed to a single process that encompasses research, healing, and the training of professionals. His attunement and the format he has created ensure that the emphasis is on the process of assimilation rather than content; in practice, I've found that means the knowledge is not something I must remember, but rather a part of my experience that becomes available as needed."
-Jim Thomas, M.A.
"Ray Castellino is at the forefront of a healing movement that is taking us into the next century. In his work with infants and children, Ray extends a sensitivity and grace in healing early trauma that is revolutionary, compassionate and effective. It is a privilege and a gift to study with this man."
-Peter Levine, Ph.D., Author of Waking the Tiger, Developer of Somatic Experiencing
"I have been associated with Dr. Castellino for many years. His warmth and integrity have always touched me deeply. He has become one of the world's leading lights in the field of Prenatal and Birth Psychology. His work in his area of special interest, the healing of prenatal and birth trauma in infants, is elegant and insightful. His training in this is easily the most in-depth and sensitive available. His teaching is done with humor, clarity and the highest standards. I highly recommend his training to anyone interested in healing the foundations of our defended and damaged selves at the very beginning of our journey in this world."
-Franklyn Sills, Craniosacral teacher, author of The Polarity Process, Director of the Karuna Institute